To maintain superior customer focus, Emerson is now seeking an Assembler to join our team. This position will be responsible for the assembly of our GO Switch and Valvetop™ products as specified to meet order requirements ensure the quality, and on-time delivery of those products. You'll get to work in a business casual atmosphere with an emphasis on experience and expertise. For the right candidate, this role can lead to other challenging opportunities in Louisville, or perhaps within the vast Emerson network of companies around the world!
A little more about us...
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Work to maintain daily production and materials as directed by management.
• Assemble parts and components to build various types of products using common hand and power assembly tools while working from schematics, samples and verbal instructions.
• Exercise judgment in fitting, aligning, and adjusting components to meet quality specifications.
• Recognize malfunctions or material defects and make adjustments.
• Achieve line display board goals each week.
• Complete daily 5-D and PM sheets as directed.
• Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Must be fluent in English (reading and writing).
• Must have the ability to complete basic math functions. (addition/subtraction/multiplication/division).
• Must have basic computer skills.
• Must have the ability to read and understand production shop orders and instructions.
• Must have the ability to lift 40 pounds intermittently.
• Must have the ability to sit and/or stand daily up to 10 hours.
• Must have the ability to defer to management when appropriate.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.